Famous Mormons in Reality TV

 

Page 1


Tyson Apostol

Survivor: Winner

He was a contestant on Survivor: Tocantins and Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains. and Survivor: Blood vs. Water, which he won and was awarded  One Million Dollars

Tyson Apostol, a former manager of a bicycle shop in Lindon, Utah  served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines, a journey he said has helped him on all his "Survivor" adventures.

David Archuleta

Archuleta won his ticket to the Hollywood  final auditions at the San Diego   tryouts. He was still only sixteen during the Hollywood auditions and, along with other contestants not yet 18, will have to go to school ("doing schoolwork in the morning and then come onto the stage and then go back to the schoolwork") while a part of American Idol's Seventh Season David Archuleta Wikipedia

Ashlee Ashby

Contestant, Survivor Palau
premier: 17 Feb 2005.  Born in Rigby, Idaho, she was raised in Easley, South Carolina.  She then moved to Utah to attend Brigham Young University in Provo, where she earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication.  A practicing Mormon, she is most proud of graduating from seminary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints while still in high school.  It required that she get up every day at 5:00 am to drive 30 minutes to the church to study the bible and church teachings before school.  She currently resides in Easley, South Carolina.
Source: CBS
 

Tje Austin

www.last.fm

"The Voice" (NBC)

Season: Season 1, Fall 2011

Judges Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green turned their chairs around for Austin in his blind audition. He chose to be on Team Cee Lo. Austin was defeated by teammate Nakia in the Battle Round. 

Tje's family was highlighted by "The Voice." He was adopted into a large Mormon family when he was four days old. He has five brothers and six sisters, including six other adopted siblings  Deseret News
 

Ryan Benson

Winner The Biggest Looser     The winner was announced 11 Jan 2005.  His initial weight: 330.  His current weight: 208.  122 pounds lost!  He had a 37% weight loss, and lowered his body fat by 18%.  With a total reduction of 55% Ryan was the Biggest Loser!
 
 

Paul Bishop

 

Paul Bishop, a 35-year veteran of the Los Angeles Police Department and member of the LDS Church, has been one of two interrogators for ABC's "Take the Money and Run," a 2011 summer reality show involving the race for a case containing $100,000

Paul  is an author and a detective in the Los Angeles Police Department with the current rank of Detective III. He is also a writer with numerous published novels and produced episodes of episodic television and feature film scripts. As a nationally recognized interrogator, Paul also co-stars with his professional partner, bestselling author and prosecutor, Mary Hanlon-Stone, as the regular interrogators and driving force behind the new hit ABC reality show Take The Money and Run from producers Bertram Van Munster and Jerry Bruckheimer. wikipedia.org

Betty Sue Burkland

The Biggest Loser,  The Biggest Loser: Couples  Season 5, 2008 

Result: Eliminated Week 4   Starting weight: 261 pounds 

Final weight: 224 pounds   Her daughter Alison Vincent

Chet Cannon

"The Real World" (MTV) 

Season: Real World: Brooklyn, 2009 

Notable: Cannon graduated from the University of Utah with a degree in finance. His goal in being on "The Real World" was to "show people that Mormons are fun." Cannon also hosted MTV after-party shows for "The Real World: San Diego" and appeared in an episode of "VH1 Presents."  Deseret News

Chet has been described as a "punk rock Mormon"  who eschews alcohol and premarital sex

Chets Facebook Page

Famous Mormons on Facebook

Mormons in Reality TV               

Page One   Page Two Page Three    Page Four  
Page Five Page Six Page Seven Page Eight
Page Nine Page Ten Page Eleven Page Twelve

 

Some information about Mormons in Reality TV obtained from Deseret News 


Provident Living
Visit mormon.org - answers to questions about the LDS faith
Mormon.org
Visit lds.org - the official LDS web site
LDS.org

Family Search
Search the LDS scriptures on-line
LDS Scriptures

1995-2014 All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed here are those of the webmasters. Although I consider myself a faithful member of  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints  (nicknamed The Mormon Church), and this site is designed to interest members of the before mentioned church, it is in no way an official affiliate of The Church, and no content within this site should be taken as official church policy or doctrine.

All the pictures on this web page are not copyrighted as far as we know unless stated near the picture. Please let us know if we have a copyrighted picture, and we will remove it as soon as possible. If someone has been added to this site in error, then they will be removed upon request.